Jenny,
I never once did anything to harm Lucia. I was always caring, patient and loving with her. I would never do anything to put her in danger or any child for that matter. Whenever I gave her medicine I'd write it down or tell you about it. I had surgery a little over a year ago and am only allowed to take liquid medicine, I didn't think it would be that big of a deal to take a little of the benadryl for a headache I had. But like I told you when you asked me, no I did not give her any.
Sorry it took me so long to reply, I have been sick in bed with strep throat and bronchitis.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

From: Jennifer
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 14:21:27 -0800 (PST)
To: <
Subject: closure

H.,

I've been advised not to write you this email because people believe that if a person is a thief than they are also a lier and a cheat. I do not believe these things about you and therefore I've decided to compose this email. I believe that you are a genuine, nice and smart person. I trusted you with Lucia, she is our most prized possession. Maybe we are too trusting, but I hope that what I believe is true. I believe you cared for her and what I witnessed was that you were kind and patient. I choose to believe that you were this way when I was or was not around. Please tell me if I am wrong because I have started to question this based on a few other things. 

There are some unanswered questions I have that I would like to know to have closure.

Very early on in hiring you some of my clothes went missing. I turned the house upside down looking for them, as they are important to me. I thought that you wouldn't have possibly taken them. Against my better judgement, with some proof at hand, I now believe that you did. And if you did, I don't think this makes you a bad person, just someone who made a bad choice. I would greatly appreciate if you would return any items that you took from me immediately. You can leave them in a bag by the garage door. I've made stupid choices before myself Heather and I had to do what was right to those that I wronged. I believe that you have it in you to do what is right. Please, please, please return these items as they cannot be replaced otherwise. 

Secondly, I've been very confused as to how we went through 2 bottles of children's benadryl in less than a month. On Friday I marked how full the bottle was because the first bottle seemed to disappear. Upon returning home Friday afternoon more than half the bottle was empty. This is why I asked if you gave any to Lucia. My mind immediately started to think terrible things and wondered if it was possible that you could have been giving it to Lucia to make her easier to deal with. It is a very scary thing to leave your child with someone and this made me panic. I believe that you did not give it to Lucia since that is what you said, but please tell me what happened to it for my own peace of mind. The amount that was gone is too much for even an adult dosage. 

I like you very much H. and I do not judge you. I enjoyed having you at the house and I never worried about Lucia when you were there until recently which is why I am now going to stay home. Please prove to me that you are the person I thought you were when I hired you.  

We went to the doctor today and she has RSV and an ear infection. The poor baby is so miserable and cannot get comfortable. I am hoping she fights it quickly and gets back to herself. The doctor said he is putting one baby a day into the hospital with RSV so we are lucky she doesn't have it that bad. 

Please respond to my email out of respect and let me know that you will return anything you borrowed and please inform me on the benadryl situation. 

Thanks again and I wish you the best in the future.